Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies stashing and/or sharing given content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's review them. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to build a website, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain file storage providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally inapt interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the tasks at hand between independent hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a large number of pics with friends or associates since the solution is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your e-mail address accounts. Some companies provide site hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you wish to get an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to own as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to keep a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email box accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Uruweb S.A., for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content exclusively.